Sunday, March 27, 2016

Pastel





Years ago I discovered pastels and I loved using them, my University thesis was an illustrated book and all the illustrations were made with pastels. The very first illustration commission was a pastel. When putting my website together at the beginning of the year, I found a couple of illustrations I did back then, and I remember enjoying it a lot, I used to get lost in the process, I used to get lost in time and space until the image was done. So I decided to try it again. I’m a bit rusty but I’m very happy I gave It a shot. I think I’ll be doing this more often.
As for why the calf. It is a tribute to all those calves that unintentionally were made veal. I stopped eating meat about 10 years ago but I kept eating dairy products. If I had known sooner that veal is a direct product of the dairy industry I would have gone vegan much sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment